Selecting an Agent
While it is possible to buy and sell a home without an agent, this is one of the largest purchases and most important decisions you will ever make. The home purchase transaction will require making financial decisions, understanding complex issues, and completing a mountain of paperwork. So it is not only comforting but extremely efficient to have an expert help you cut through all the red tape.
Think of a Buyer’s agent as your personal expert advocate. Buyer’s agents specialize in helping buyers! They listen to what you want and then help you find your ideal home. We will share with you our expertise, and represent your best interests during negotiations with sellers. We will work tirelessly for you, and our goal is to make your transaction go as smoothly as possible.
How to select the right agent:
- Look for a full-time agent who has expertise completing transactions similar to yours.
- Interview a few agents
- Find an agent who is tech-savvy: Today’s transactions move at the speed of broadband.
- Ask how much time the agent will have for you.
- Ask about their credentials and education: A good agent will continually strive to improve and gain knowledge of the latest real estate trends.
- Does the agent return your calls promptly? Time is money when attempting to buy a home.
- Check out the agent’s website: Often times they’ll list recent transactions, review and testimonials and you can see how well a prospective agent has recently done.
- Good agents will spend more time listening to you and asking you questions about what you want, rather than talking about themselves.
- And finally, choose an agent with whom you feel most comfortable. You will be creating a partnership.